Reopening Live Events - PSO Atlantic
Live events are coming! We are super excited to announce that we will be planning some live events beginning spring 2021. Live events will look different than before but we will do our best to ensure that you have an amazing experience performing along with providing safety precautions that meet local guidelines. Our first event of 2021, PSO Atlantic, is detailed below. More coming soon!
We have to make a decision by January 14 whether or not to host Atlantic based on our venue agreements. This event needs to have a minimum number of sign ups in order for us to be able to hold it. To reduce confusion about refunds and cancellations, we're creating the following guidelines now:
- If you sign up and PSO cancels the event on January 14 due to low registration, you can expect a full refund at that time.
- If you sign up and PSO must cancel based on government restrictions that change or are added after January 14, you will receive a store credit that can be used towards future purchases. An example would be a new gathering restriction of no more than 3 households.
- If you sign up but choose not to attend the event, there are no refunds, as we have counted on your entry fee to pay our staff and venue booking fees.
We will be making the following changes to the event:
- Competitors for now will be limited to 1 spectator ticket. To enforce that limit we will include that ticket price in the initial entry fee. If restrictions are loosened before the event, we will sell additional spectator tickets.
- Photos and video will be taken only for those who purchase in advance, by March 10. This allows us to potentially reduce the number of staff who come to the event.
- We will offer check in and pole testing at various times on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to help spread out those crowds.
- Masks will be required for everyone at the event including competitors. Competitors will be required to perform in masks. We recommend that you train with a mask so that you are prepared!
Other changes, such as scheduling, pole cleaning, total number of allowed volunteers and audience members per hour, social distancing, etc. will be announced closer to the date of the event as COVID guidelines evolve. We are also considering virtual judging to reduce the number of people in attendance.
While we know that events may look different for the time being, we look forward to welcoming you all back in person with elbow bump hellos and jazz hand greetings!